An executive team from a long-term client of CBIZ Gibraltar stepped in to run a startup financial services firm, Cresset Wealth Advisors.
Given the previously successful working relationship, Gibraltar was retained to assist Cresset in finding a high-quality new HQ in a Class A Trophy office building for the firm. Cresset needed Gibraltar to support:
• Space programming and forecasting of the appropriate amount of space
• Assisting in evaluating space standards and type of office environment
• Evaluating various submarkets and locations
• Identifying building options in a very short time frame that would impressive Cresset’s high-end clients and potential employees
• Securing a lease in the best building possible with most favorable terms
After initially evaluating Class A buildings in spaces that were “plug-an-play” ready with existing conditions and furniture, Cresset Wealth Advisors pivoted its search to focus on Trophy assets and new developments.
Utilizing CBIZ Gibraltar’s real estate expertise and relationships, the firm secured an incredible space in 444 West Lake Street, a premier, Trophy Class A
new development in the Chicago’s West Loop Submarket.
Gibraltar also assisted in securing temporary space in the Trophy asset for Cresset while the Landlord completed a custom build-out for the firm on one of the top floors in the building.
In addition, Gibraltar negotiated termination rights on the space as well as expansion rights to help protect the firm’s future growth requirements.
Cresset is now growing the business at an explosive pace, and has already engaged CBIZ Gibraltar to evaluate office opportunities in other markets in the U.S.